PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2012, 18:24
MrHorgy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaps,

Whether I have debts to service or not does not make a difference to the fact Jet2 are offering HALF what Ryanair are. As you rightly elude, I am looking for more than just the bottom line at the end of each month. The combination of Loss of Licence, Pension, expenses paid, life insurance, etc etc.. Makes up for a drop in pay, but not one worth 50%, especially when I am command ready NOW and could be on £6000 pm in a few months.

It is interesting to note that from the people I have spoke to (ok, only 10 or so), ALL have declined the contract. One of my colleagues who applied a few days ago has been offered an interview near immediately because they appear to be short of people who will accept the deal.

Penworth - you describe the situation I aspire to. But it would seem the company is offering these contracts full in the knowledge they will be made 100% at the end of the summer, but are merely using it as an excuse to screw down the wage to save a few bob. All that means is that people with experience will take their toys elsewhere and you'll end up with no one command ready, because they won't take the paycut and internally they all sod off elsewhere in search of better T&C's.

I still have a few days to decide whether to take it. I appreciate all the messages I have from people on here offering their insights, or the inside line on the company. Even after I described everything above, it's still a difficult decision. No one I have spoke to has said they don't like to work there!