PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair buys new private jet to shuttle staff
Old 25th Oct 2012, 19:19
Gulfstreamaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stressed might have a valid point

Can an air transport undertaking, especially one that has an AOC, operate (within EU land) occasional flights as PRIVATE. ????

Depending on which corporate entity is the OWNER of the corporate jet, then the flights might NOT be for persones employed by that entity.

If contractors, ie pilots are carried on this aircraft, then they might be considered not to be employees of the owning company. After all thats why Ryanair are using contractors, to avoid any Taxable or Social costs.
Perhaps they need a POC not an AOC, after all I operate according to Mr Caymans rules.

If the aircraft is operated on a Manx registration, then it must be ONLY private operations, and according to the Manx requirements.

I am not certain if Mr Manx requires an Operations Manual, certainly Mr Caymen and Mr Bermuda do. They can get very upset if operations are conducted outside thier rules of engagement.

To sum it all up, I do not know enough about the Corporate entities involved. But would suggest that real deep professional advice be taken, (which I am sure it has.)

Glf