PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2012, 17:57
EI-A330-300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like there is going to be a massive increase in US-Ireland capacity next year. You'd wonder is it too much too soon and is there really that much of a gap in the market?
There is a huge gap in the market. There are very few flights to US from DUB in summer that have LF below 85-90%. Return flights to JFK from DUB are the most expensive in Europe during peak summer (according to article in US a few months ago) with aveage price $1500 for 1 passenger. EI are also carrying a huge amount of connecting passengers which has reduced capacity to IRE in a way and demand is there. EI should see a good increase in connecting passengers with BOS and ORD afternoon and morning departures.

The DAA are expecting up to 325,000 more passengers with the Gathering 2013 also so it will be well used and prices will drop however I don't think they will during the peak months.

Mores the point weres it going to fit on t2!! I guess if its anything like the ord service aa run it shud arrive in dub well after the morning rush!!
Indeed I arrived from LHR the other week we were kept waiting 20 mins before we got a stand and that was around 7.45.

Last edited by EI-A330-300; 24th Oct 2012 at 17:59.