PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 16:55
Hangar6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy FR bid

Hi
I am enjoying the discussion , having worked for both companies have a few inputs myself, currently I work in DAP , not for FR or EI

FR value if EI is really low given the oppurtunity his bid gives to eliminate a competitor, yes that is MOL ONLY strategy to date with buying airlines
eg What value LHR slots , EI has 46 of them I beleive

FR dont employ staff, I worked for them in 2001 , via an agency as do most Pilots all cabin crew , each "contractor" is told how to set up a private ltd company , and HAS to use an accountnat from a short list provided by MOL , he was or is an accountant ?

Recent Judge commentated on the truth and MOL being infrequent bedfellows , every promise he makes is to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I judge MOL on his PERSONNAL treatment of the lady who was the millioneth passenger, she had a letter from then CX confirming free flights for life, FR got huge publicity for this excellent reward, MOL went to the ends of the earth in his attempts to have this written guarantee of free flights removed from the lady. She was not for turning, thankfully he failed.

MOL has developed a great airline, a modern day miracle, thankfully I dont work for him and will never fly with him.

He will put in place an exit strategy for EI within 6 months, make a huge profit from his efforts and reture having removed a major blot on his CV , that being the large amount of wsted money spent by FR on EI bids , not to mention the large amounts EI have wasted defended these bids.

DAA will also be impacted, RE of course but most of all the staff and public will loose a choice , the very choice that a GVT TD gave us when he forced EI out of STN and LPL among other palces to ensure FR stop loosing money and grew, a strategy that saved FR and helped EI and the result was a choice of two solid Iirsh Airlines.

I believe FR are in Dublin becuase Ireland is very friendly on tax, labour laws and of course the IAA gets a huge benefit from all those Irish registered aircraft fees. A bit cosy maybe but you can be sure being based in ROI allows FR to gain in many ways , without having to have many staff.

I hope FR and EI both prosper, if FR win EI then it will be at a very cheap price and customers will loose out.

just my cents worth