PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth Airport - CEO Geatches on radio.
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2012, 08:20
airdualbleedfault

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes Icarus, I believe Bloggs has joined Geaches in smoking crack Bloggs, nowhere else in Asia do they use COBTs, when you are approaching airports in Asia and China they slow/vector you as required, Australia is unique in requiring a COBT AND a time at a waypoint with less than 1 minute buffer (depending on your watch/clock), so not sure what you are on about, sorry if I've offended your ATC buddies.

Nautilus, thanks for your informative input, if NAPs dictate that a runway with 15kts x and 5 tail AND no ILS be used over a runway that's into wind with an ILS then there is something seriously wrong with the NAPs, also what is ghe guarantee the wind will not exceed 5 knots or for that matter the max tail for most A/C, 10 kts ? NAP over safety ?
You didn't address why 24 is not used for departures ?
Saying that LAHSO wasn't much good because it was only useable for turbos and 146s (and probably F100) is a little dismissive since you are talking close to 1/2 the aircraft that use Perth.
You're right about the airports purpose. Since it has become privatised at least, the purpose used to be to accommodate the travelling public.
I like your ideas on extending 24 and rapid taxiways but it will never work, too practical and sensible you're wasted at ATC