PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2012, 10:32
turbine100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw the video.

I know one person that was mid 20's who went through CTC as a cadet, joined the orange airline and was laid off after 6 months. He soon went bankrupt for over 100K to wipe his debts. CTC would not help him as they did not want to affect the relationship with the orange airline.

After some guidance from the older generation of pilots, he later found a job and renewed his type rating via another organisation.

The video mentioned the selection being hard, actually some have get through and still fail / drop out. Its not 100%. I had to work for it via the modular route whilst having a full time job and never did any selection for training. I think that is harder and more dedicated if you want it. Especially when doing those ATPL exams distance learning or an IR lesson after a hard days work when you cannot borrow all that cash.

I have a background of I.T and software. I know of software companies that write selection software and charge per test. e.g Compass or similar. Theirs a industry around selection and the cadet is charged for the selection because the school or an airline has often pay the software company per test for each student. The test results get sent to a central server at the software company and the pass mark or bar can be set to the required value. The results sent back to the software company has all statistical data from the various training or airline organisations around the world.

CTC charge the airline a large sum each month for those cadets and the cadet gets a crap monthly salary. They are also blocking those people who are in turboprop jobs with experience being able to move up to the next level or even those on jets changing operators.

The chief pilot in the video mentioned statistics for pilot recruitment in the future. What he failed to really state was the statistics for those required in Europe, constraints of requiring perhaps a specific license such as FAA instead of EASA to apply for a job or anything regarding other requirements such as being a national of a country, speaking a foreign language etc.

Asia / China will need their pilots trained and this will be where CTC will focus their business on. The BA scheme being talked about, in the small print, the debts still in your name I heard ... not sure if that is 100% but something worth checking.

I would have hoped the banks would have closed in on CTC to make it harder for people to get the money. Especially with the ratio of salary you earn against the debt to pay back when you start. Perhaps then it would create a shortage or stop the further borrowing for a type rating if a airline require it. Oh well

Last edited by turbine100; 7th Oct 2012 at 11:56.