PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - norvegian air shuttle jobs info
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2012, 18:01
KristianNorway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christ.. this is really happening way too fast. You need to look to most of the business when it comes to T&Cs and not only to Ryanair (which I expect you were referring to..). Of course it's not like the good old days any more, but this expansion of Norwegian has to be stopped when it's on the basis of contracts with contract agencies. NPF needs to stop this right now. They accepted new terms on the basis of trust, but management obviously regards those contractual obligations as something to legally circumvent. Don't listen to them when they say it's going to destroy the company. It isn't. If Bjørn Kjos throws his chair and says he will sell the company, so what? Does it matter if it is him or any other owner on the top as long as you have respectable T&Cs? It will halter expansion, since expansion in this climate requires lower prices, but so what? It's better to sit in a company an extra five years as a first officer when it's on a sound basis and healthy employment standards than to be a captain of a shipwreck going down. If nothing is done this will destroy all our futures. And it's happening right now. Contracting agencies as a industry standard coupled with the new subpart Q legislation is in my opinion a severe safety risk, and an unscientific working model based only to serve stock owners holding airline stocks. When this happens I will not only end my career as a professional pilot, I will stop flying altogether until this business is based on sound principles again.