PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - norvegian air shuttle jobs info
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2012, 09:51
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cloudius - Well of course nobody got hired for years! However in the past I knew loads of father / son people employed by SAS, ok maybe not LOADS, but enough to raise my suspicion of their past hiring policies!

They also got themselves into a lost generation of pilots, as they simply have not hired anybody! Who would go to them, with no hope of command upgrade in the near future?

And "berserker" - if only things was that simple! Maybe the industry is built on an illusion, maybe conditions are gradually getting worse year by year, but for people who are "new" in the industry, we do want to believe we have to serve some kind of apprenticeship in the start, where we have to accept bad T & C's, to gain experience, and hopefully be able to progress with our career in a company with better conditions in the future!

If given a chance with low experience, I can understand and accept that people have less than ideal T & C's.

To use an example from a friend of mine, he works his socks of every month, after deduction of his training fees he is left with 800 - 900 Euros a month,(70 - 90 hours a month), than he is told to take 2 - 3 weeks unpaid Christmas vacation!

Now put this into perspective with the problems people are facing at NAS, and see for one it could be much worse! And with Operators like this out there, people will happily jump to "upgrade" their T & C's with NAS, even though for some these are also bad.

Also is relative to the eye of the beholder! Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with what NAS pilots want, but to see there are another group in the same profession, that are treated relatively worse, is not helping the industry.

Of course, we are all free to say yes or no, but after spending XXX thousands in training, and you get offered ANY job in todays market, what will you do? Say no, and continue working at REMA 1000 or RIMI, until some company will offer you the golden goose?