PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 19:21
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure. They quietly dropped the EMA-ORK route before it's start date on 01/09/12. I'm hoping it was only dropped for operational reasons and not that there was low-demand. Personally, I think it was dropped as Ryanair added those eastern European routes from ORK and they didn't want to expand too much in ORK due to the on-gong disagreements with DAA over landing fees and the rest of it.

I'd like to think that ORK will return for summer 2013, but I will have a better idea in due course what the liklihood is with use of my special theory. I'd also love East Midlands to become a bigger Ryanair base and more importantly, become thier second largest in Britain, where EMA deserves to have that status.

My only worry is that they are more interested in the bigger airports at the moment as they have pulled back in Liverpool slightly whilst expanding Manchester and this winter, Ryanair will fly new routes from Birmingham to Barcelona, Krakow & Milan, three key routes from EMA! I hope to god that that doesn't happen and Ryanair instead deliver sunstancial growth for summer 2013 at EMA due to the WW closure, where some of the lost capacity has still yet to be filled, despite numerous airlines increasing at EMA!