PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Former Tradewinds A300 pilot finally jailed for FAA fraud
Old 28th Sep 2012, 09:25
classicpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juan Pablo Munoz

I flew with this clown on the A300, he was a second officer, flight engineer. He knew nothing about aviation. He use to try & pick up the ATIS at an airport that was nearly 600 nm away. After coming out of a maintenance check on the A300 in Hong Kong he did a walk around without checking the pitot tubes or static ports. He gave the aircraft the ok but we found problems, so we knew he had no experience. Of the few times I flew with him we had pressurization problems, electrical & fuel problems. I reported him to management & they sent him back for training, not sure what happened to him after that but I was told he was flying passengers for a commuter airline. Around 2006 we all needed SIC certificates for TradeWinds & I believe most US carriers flying overseas did so as well. With regards to his books he copied them from manuals & other aviation books on the market. He was 27 then & claimed to have over 7500 hours, he also told us he worked at Naples Air Center as an instructor but he was so stupid that he did not know we had a first officer flying with us who was an instructor there. He told us Munoz tried to get hired at NAC but for whatever reason they would not hire him.
Do not give this foolish, idiotic, retarded moron any credit, he deserves jail time & being banned from flying ever again. I was also told he tried to get on the 747 with Max Air but they found out he never flew the 747, so Munoz & 4 other honest crew were not hired because they held US licenses. These guys make it hard for crew trying to get hired worldwide.
The good news is that all his ratings & certificates have been suspended/revoked. Beware, their is many of them out there ruining the system for us all.

Last edited by classicpilot; 28th Sep 2012 at 09:37.