PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How likely is a SAFA check?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2012, 12:30
Empty Cruise

ECON cruise, LR cruise...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have been fortunate never to have any of the "where is the paint on the do-not-paint antenna"-types. True, those would get me ticked off as well.

Checklists - true, even if the checklist is identical to the AFM, the logo will be an issue, needs to either be operator-approved (through your CAA) or manufacturers original. Pedantic, I concur, maybe even silly - but flip this on it's head from the perspective of you and the operator. Could the use of a "non-approved" checklist be something that could be used against you in a court of law? It would be unlikely to be make-or-break in a prosecution, but it is something that could be used to build an image of a less-than-diligent operation, even though completely undeserved. Bottom line - wouldn't use anything with any logo on but that of the operator or the OEM, for the reason stated above.

CK,

1) Worn "exit"-sign... How many do you think Bombardier think are needed? Or have they taken to installing markings and signs on the aircraft not required by the certifying authority?

2) Cargo net - well, what does your loading manual or limitations-section say? If you can show the inspector that the loading manual doesn't describe a cargo-net (as it probably wouldn't, given no rings are fitted), then that should silence them. If not - well, agreed, then they are incompetent fools that don't understand how things work. Would tick me off mightily, too