PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - norvegian air shuttle jobs info
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2012, 19:12
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And who do you call majors? " nyhellesund"

SAS - a government run company, who unless they had public funds would have gone done the drain long time ago!

The world is a chain of various tiers, you have the bottom, the lower level, the medium level, the upper medium level and the top level!

Even in the bad companies I have seen people be happy, all is relative!

Some do not always appreciate how good they have it, until it is gone! I am not supporting Norwegian or any other such company, however it is a part of life, and yes some of us have to put food on the table, not everybody live in a country where the government will give you a small fortune if you do not have a job!

Norway is a priviliged country to live in, in other countries if you come on hard times, eg. in the UK, you can hardly survive on what benefits you get if you loose your job etc.
Sure it is not fair, it is not right all that is going on, however if the alternative is NO airline, NO Norwegian, how many more unemployed pilots would be out there fighting for the few jobs around!

Let's face it, SAS will have major recruitment problems soon, as their pilots are very old, they will be receiving enormous pensions, that was created in a decade when the company had a communistic monopoly on the Scandinavien market!
SAS will be saddled with enormous debts, and will not be able to operate on anything close to what they might have forecasted half a decade ago!

I am not sure who some of you guys are, and it is very clear many of you have lost touch with reality, living in a fantasy land for fairies and believing Peter Pan is going to come and put some magic spell on the whole world of aviation!

Lost touch of reality, in the sense that, it is different times since many of you got your first pilot job! You are blind of what is going on down there, in the start of todays pilot career!
You might want people to do it all the old way, however today who wants to spend 10.000 Euro for Flight Instructor Course, when first you can hardly get a job, and if you get a job, you hardly have enough money to get food for your cat, never mind if you have wife or children!!!

Sure it is NOT a perfect world, maybe some of you have forgot how the bottom of the pilot career ladder feels!
It's different than the SAS model, where they recruited first all Air Force pilots, than they recruited all the children of the pilots working for the company and so on!
I know of guys with thousands of hours, who for many years never got a chance with SAS, because there was no recruitment going on!

This is not a healthy environment, there has to be some movement, change, refreshing! Now Norwegian are about to knock out SAS in European domination of the scandinavien market, they are working within the framework of the EU and EEA laws/regulations!

I know in Scandinavia, we tend to be anti anything progressive, anything that is PRIVATE, an enterprise, Norway love to tax any company to death with all kinds of fees and taxes etc +++

This topic was about job info present and future at NAS, but has been hi-jacked by some wannabe people who want to promote their own agenda! Why not make an own thread about how bad the company is treating you, and how bad you conditions are, because at the moment I could not care less on this thread, on another thread about that topic, I would express my views about such issues, but this is NOT what this thread is about!

Reminds me of a bunch of Norwegians bing drinking on Saturday night, they have to get involved with everybody and everything, instead of just mind their own business!

And if you think it is so damn awful with Norwegian, there are few other companies you can try, where you will think working for NAS is like working for BA !

So anybody know about the plans for the Airbus Neo?