PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2012, 16:54
terpsops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spanglish, whatever you're smoking best stop before your next medical.

So you're denying the several emails sent out from management asking for "volunteers" to work on "projects"? You deny the facts of known FO's calling into the offices to ask senior management if they can "assist" anywhere?

Great CRM courses you say? So why is that entire section under threat of or being shut down pending investigation due the MANY complaints of inappropriate behavior, conduct and content?

What is the actual [flying] experience of the 330 Fleet Mngr? Is he the BEST person for the job in lieu of the many other highly experienced Capts at HKA or is he the best person with the best nationality that suits to do the job? At a reputable airline he'd be still an SO or at best a JFO with is "experience" yet at HKA he's a Fleet Mngr. Nationality is everything..... (Or as the deputy Tng Mngr is, being related to the DFO doesn't hurt either, eh? Little things like experience not required either for that job.....) The term "Singaporean Mafia" comes to mind, but no secret.

Seniority? HKA openly state that there is no seniority system but one based on a camouflaged and secretive "performance based" system that only upper management mainly from a small island nation design and are privy to. How did the 4 (reduced to 2 later) gain their Cmd progression on the 330? They skipped at least 50-60 guys based on any form of "seniority" let alone date of joining. What of the 737 drivers and their "seniority/date of joining" WELL higher than theirs could possibly be!!?? And golly gee..... I wonder who it was telling tales on their fellow pilots, reporting to the former Fleet Mngr and his same national cohorts, doing favours for the fleet managers & working in the office for free? Some pilots get to do one delivery flight in their entire career yet I understand one of these Cat D guys has done no less than 3 with the former Fleet Mngr. Like I said, what gets some guys marked "never to be promoted" at one airline gets them fast tracked to career progression at HKA.

As a 320 pilot you've never done a LGW flight & relieved the crew to find not a single correctly performed fuel check done (as per the FCOM or OM-A) or alternate met received & recorded. Or a short haul flight where the "Training Capt" goes through & records on the CFP the FMGC all the ETA's & Fuel Predictions prior to top of climb then puts it away never to be seen for the rest of the flight.....? Or a senior TRI not familiar with the latest 330 amendments and chastising pilots on outdated procedures?

All this is RAMPANT and more the rule as opposed to the exception.

Standards? So why has the [new] GMT fought tooth and nail with massive opposition by those who deny the bleeding obvious that our standards are so low and therefore the need for 3 monthly PC's and RC's instead of them being conducted bi-annually?

The "all powerful CAD checks" on logbooks!!?? So just how did that HKA pilot get through the system with a fake passport I wonder??? He was only caught through his own stupidity!

"A few disgruntled employees"?? Go talk to the 737 FO's with 4+ years with the company and see if they are "happy" with their treatment, let alone the VAST majority of HKA 330 pilots. If the 320 fleet is better then I'm happy for you - but happier still that I'm away from the rot that went on and still goes on I'm told by colleagues still there.

Those who refuse to look for the truth will never see it. Those who don't know what it is don't know what to look for. And those who rely on this defend their ignorance by denying it all. I suppose the earth is round only because you haven't fallen off it yet.