PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots warn about Turkish Airline in Danish news paper Politikken
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 00:16
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think you got it in 1, in my (fortunately short) time working for (another ) Turkish carrier I discovered 2 disturbing facts. . . . FO's will just let everything go to a can of worms confident in the knowledge that you (like the local Capts) will jump in at the first opportunity to salvage it all. . . how many times I asked "what ARE you doing ? you are PF & I don't recall saying "I have control" (although by this stage I usually had to anyhow by default)

The 2nd, & rather worrying, fact was, if you screwed up, NO WAY would they say anything. I had one slightly alarming incident where PM MUST have seen all was not well, when I finally noticed myself, & extricated myself from it, I did ask "was that OK for you ? " of course, it wasn't, so my next Q was " Why the F didn't you say something to me ? ? ? ! ! ! " well, no answer forthcoming, and that (unfortunately ) IS the answer. If operating PIC in Turkey, just assume you are single crew, & all will be OK thereafter.