PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva Air, Taiwan
Thread: Eva Air, Taiwan
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2012, 07:22
CanadianTrev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone want to shed some life on the expat life in Taipei? Good areas, quality of life, taking a wife + maybe kids in the future, and all that good stuff. Seems like accomodation is quite reasonable for some decent places in the city. Will the company give you a good housing allowance? Does the company base pilots in the destinations (out bases)? Commuting with 8 days off a month seems silly. Is there a lot of expats flying for the company? The fact that you don't need a type rating with the machines they fly is very enticing. If take home is 6 grand a month for an FO I would consider that pretty good money. Thats about 11-12 grand gross in Canada with our taxes.

I've read that requirements on their website at 2000hrs etc blah blah. I have 3000 with 800 on an CRJ (glass) doin overseas flying for the UN currentlly in Kabul. Can anyone shed some light on the requirements to be competetive and considered? I'd kill to fly a 747-400 before they go extinct in my career timeline . They already have in my home country! The rest of their fleet (including the MD-11!!) are pretty awesome machines.

Cheers for any info

Last edited by CanadianTrev; 21st Sep 2012 at 07:25.