PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 18th Sep 2012, 14:24
Jugs08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my experience

I left school in 08 and wanted to go Int however; at the time I was naive and stupid and believed Cabair would get me a job at the end. Lucikly we didnt have 70k to do it so I decided to spend the next 2years working and manged to save best part of 15k alongside getting a PPL and some hours.

During that time my desire to do this all grew and through doing various jobs I realised this is what I really want to do and I would never know where the dream would go unless I gave it a shot. Through looking up at planes on my lunchbreak wishing I was up there is the fuel for the fire to push you through all the turmoil and trouble that you will experience during flight training and that first job.

However last year I finished my job and started the road from PPL to Fatpl Armed with my cash and a loan and family help.

Now about to start my MCC do i regreat going modular? No Would I change it? No, because I have met some fantastic people along the way and only have a 13k loan at the end of all this rather than 80k. So I can continue my life and aspiration to become a pilot in a sustainable manner.

For me 80k and the next ten years of my life paying it off is too much of a risk to take. As there are fine lines between dreams/nightmares.