PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2012, 10:45
Narrow Runway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odious

Phensocks,

You really are the epitome of someone who has to shout to be heard. Your desperation is palpably audible.

"Foolish? The only person looking foolish is yourself Narrow Runway." Is that the best you have to offer?

"Drivel. Flexi crew was always going to happen. Read the Roland Berger report. Why do you think Warwick Brady was brought in as procurement director?! What do you think he was brought into procure? From the outset they knew the cost savings. You're stating management didn't know the cost savings involved? Clearly you're naive, stupid or both?!" I don't consider myself naive, or foolish. I have not allowed the grass to grow under my feet in this career, whilst being systematically undermined by a management who are attacking my very existence. Unlike some others I can think of.

"I can think all have given concessions. BA closed the final salary scheme to new members. What do you think is going to happen when money purchase pilots out number final salary pilots?" Final Salary schemes are long dead to new joiners. That isn't just in airline world either. As to what happens when DC members outnumber DB members in BA? Who knows, but it won't be worse than the situation in easyJet.

Clearly, you and I will never agree.

But, you know what? I'm alright Jack. I saw the future a long time ago and left the airline business, that is why I work directly for the CEO of one of the largest corporations in the world in our field - a man who looks after all 65,000 staff (not just himself) and rewards us fairly and more.

Clearly I must have been naive, stupid or both to end up doing that. I just wish I could be lucky, just like you so obviously are, Phensocks.