PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2012, 21:54
Robert G Mugabe

As, to my knowledge, Easy currently has no Day off working payment and has a 'no favours' crewing policy why are any Easy pilots working into discretion/working days off/working early or late reports?

RGM are you saying that BALPA at Easy are part of the problem rather than a cure? Do you know what levels BALPA membership is at? Do you need a new CC?

No easy do have a working into day off payment.

Yes I am saying that both BALPA HQ and the BALPA easyjet CC were part of the problem.

BALPA HQ on an industry wide basis are complicit in not " nipping this exploitation; of inexperienced pilots by various training organisations and aviation companies; in the bud". Hell they even advertised the scheme in the Log.

Our CC seem to have been rather too close to the management. An ex CC member is now a base manager. I must reiterate I have no idea how good he/she is, but in order to get the offer of that position the company must have recognised a certain ambivalence in their outlook reference their BALPA duties.

With reference to the outgoing CC Chairman. All I would say is that we have seen a reduction in new joiners terms and conditions to such an extent that we do not even employ the poor sods. On his/her watch.

Certain regional BALPA reps seem to be so apathetic that to all intents and purposes regional bases have no union representation.

I reiterate BALPA in easyjet do not have the balls to even organise a " work to rule " policy.

Last edited by Robert G Mugabe; 18th Sep 2012 at 09:28.