PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Public Apology Owed
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2012, 14:14
clareprop

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Afternoon chaps. Thanks to the person who pointed this thread out. I even registered on Flyer Forums as a result.

It's a bit unpleasant for me over on PPrune at the moment, and I'm feeling rather abused. I'm not going to publically explain what has happened, although a few people who I know well enough to explain have a reasonable picture of it.

In a nutshell, I did something which I felt was reasonable but that another of the PPrune moderators took great exception to, so he responded by making me invisible on the site, by removing my moderators powers, by removing my ability to send private messages as Genghis, and by posting (for about half a day anyhow until it got removed) my real name on one of the threads. He seems to have done this without consulting with the other moderators or with the site owners; the latter are looking into this at the moment (but being in the USA, are actually probably eating breakfast right now).

I'm optimistic that it'll all get sensibly sorted out shortly - the site owners at IB tend to be hands-off, but they are nice chaps and generally pretty sensible, as well as usually prepared to act decisively if they have to. No, I'm not at-all happy at my treatment, but on the other hand (even if it does feel a bit like I'm reading my own obituary) very grateful to the numerous people who have shown their support for what I've done over the years on PPrune and, ideally, would like to continue doing. I'm also very aware that this is not me being shut down by PPrune, it's me being shut down (hopefully temporarily) by somewhere between 1 and 3 people on PPrune (depending upon how many usernames each person has!). The vast majority of people on PPrune who have expressed any opinion are somewhere between neutral and supportive of me and I've been amazed at the vast number of supportive messages I've received privately from various directions.

I'm not going to post any more about this: here or anywhere else right now - I am trusting the site owners at Internet Brands to sort things out sensibly in their own time, and I don't think that my making accusations or publishing anything more than this will help anybody for the moment.

And in the meantime, I did some great flying at the weekend, and am doing some really interesting things professionally right now - and I am in this game for the flying, not the bulletin boards!
If I disappear, you'll know why...

PS, seems to be a few people on this thread who are a bit "moderator-ish".
Perhaps they have a few usernames...?

Last edited by clareprop; 17th Sep 2012 at 14:16.