PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - caribbean airlines
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2012, 15:59
Arsenic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conversion info

Conversion information

Converting to a Trinidad & Tobago CPL would cost you approximately $1500 TTD (roughly $250 USD) if you have to write all the exams. The exams are:

Air law (40 Questions)

Technical subjects:

Theory of Flight
Flying controls
Gas Turbine Engines
Supercharging and Piston Engines
Hydraulics
Air Conditioning & Pressurization
D.C Electrics
A.C Electrics
Variable Pitch Propellers

Note: At the TTCAA, you can have your credentials assessed for a small fee, i think it is $150 - $200 TTD whereby they would inform you of the exams you need to sit. ATPL holders are also exempt from some examinations. I know if you have a Canadian issued licence, you are exempt from "theory of flight' and 'flying control'. If you have an FAA licence, you have to do all the exams.

Also, you can sit nine(9) exams at once but a minimum of six (6) has to be done. For the most part, there are 15 questions per technical with the exception of a few (Piston engines and gas turbines) are 30 questions. I am not sure about Theory of flight and Flying controls.

On another note, Failure of any exam would incur a higher fee on the 2nd attempt.

You also need to obtain a First Class medical from an authorized doctor (they will give you a list). This will cost approximately $700 TTD.

Lastly, once you have all the required documents to submit (logbook, photocopies of all licences and the medical) to the TTCAA, there is a licencing fee for the grant of TT CPL of $300 TTD