PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2012, 10:35
PPRuNeUser0204

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phensocks:

Let me make this simple for you. Your colleague, Alexander de Meerkat is intimating that strike action would be supported by the likes of him, in order to see the back of Flexi contracts.

If you can strike over it now, then you could have done so at it's inception. But....

....If strike action would be illegal now, I suggest you explain to AdM the error of his understanding.

Anyhow, the next thing will likely be contract Captains, everywhere in easyJet.

Why shouldn't it be?

It is obvious. Phensocks, you admit that you couldn't stop Flexi FO's, so it would appear that Captains will be next.

An easyJet Captain may be well trained and professional, but they aren't irreplaceable. And more cheaply, which is to everyone's detriment. Except WB and the other management.
Narrow Runway, well done for your u-turn.

ADM is sadly mistaken if he thinks their is a legal basis for strike action in the UK as sadly there isn't. Therefore we are powerless to resist managements push towards flexi Captains. It is only a matter of time before it becomes a reality.

Therefore better to accept this fact and plan for it with your personal finances. The market will find a level, there are sadly many unemployed pilots and that level won't be in the workers favour in the UK.

We couldn't stop Flexi FO's and legally we can't stop Flexi Captains. End.

PS I'm still waiting to know how you would stop the flexi scheme under UK legislation.

Last edited by PPRuNeUser0204; 13th Sep 2012 at 10:37.