PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Amiri Flight Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2012, 07:15
Amiri01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alwaysflying:

I'll try to answer your questions but be aware that I am not privy to what is happening behind the scenes.

1. I am estimating that we may have around 60 pilots now, give or take some. Final numbers I am not aware of. We are still recruiting for A310/320 and BD700 Captains but I do not know about A330/340/B747 hiring.

2. The hiring is to meet existing commitments. I am not aware of any pilot's leaving in the last few years, other than for age or medical related retirements, but one or two that I don't know may have gone. Anyway, the hiring is definitely not as a result of turnover of pilots. The introduction of the B748 over the next couple of years will pose a fairly complex logistical exercise for management as the size of the fleet post-B748 introduction may not be known until the time. However, I do not believe that the current recruiting is as a result of the phase in of the B748, rather simply meeting existing fleet manning requirements.

3. When aircraft have been phased out in the past, the crews on that aircraft have been re-trained on another type, so this is the historical precedence. Whether that continues is at the discretion of management. Knowing current Flight Ops management, I feel they would do their utmost to retain crew.

4. Per diems are paid and are at a good level. There are no other cash benefits other than salary/on-call allowance and also transport/furniture etc. allowances.

5. Other than the 6 weeks annual leave, you are allowed 12 "hard" days off per year. These can be cancelled right up until the actual day so aren't really "hard" days off. They are usually appended to a leave period to extend your annual leave (once you start on your days off, you are safe...).

6. The most notice you get for a flight ex-Doha is usually the day before that flight departs. Notice can be as little as 2 hours but is normally the day before. However, once you are on the road, it is a different matter. On some aircraft in the fleet, you may be checking into your hotel after a 4 hour sector, only to receive a call to go back to the aircraft to do another 5 hour sector. Don't join Amiri if you cannot handle something like this.

UAE FD:

I'm sorry, I don't know what the FD levels are but I believe they are close to being correct. As for nationalities, there are very few Europeans in this area (if any). Indeed, there are many nationalities in the FD department with the majority being from Western Asia.

Cheers,

Amiri01