PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2012, 07:16
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now - I love Tuesday.

A 'friend' emailed me a confidential report earlier today, wanted my thoughts on it before sending it off to wherever 'they' want to send it. (Thanks mate, I resisted editing it). It's some 20 pages long and deals with a fatal air accident. Got me thinking (not a usual Tuesday occupation).

OK. For the coveted 'Choccy Frog' which accident does it refer to??.

Many areas of 'operational' and legal significance have not, in our opinion been satisfactorily addressed or presented. These important, directly related elements, whilst technical are relatively straight forward; and, may be readily comprehended by 'the man in the street'. We believe that this information properly presented could have greatly assisted the Coroner formulate a decision with greater clarity.

From an industry point of view, it appears that the inquiry was ruthlessly driven to an almost forgone conclusion. Primarily by the omission of what is believed to be important information for the Coroner to consider; the inability of the court to interview essential witnesses and examine that testimony. Some of the Coroners remarks seem to reflect this.

One shortcoming, in our view of the ATSB is, that, unlike the USA National Transport Safety Bureau (NTSB), ATSB does not find a “most probable cause” of an accident, or present 'ranked' contributory causes.
Your Choccy Frog awaits.

Last edited by Kharon; 11th Sep 2012 at 07:25. Reason: It NEEDED editing - curse you Papa.