PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2012, 23:45
righthandrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think most of summer 2013 is on sale so any new routes should be on sale now or in the coming weeks. The main ones are Zante and a few new Croatian destinations. 3x relatively 'new' 737-300's and 4 737-800's should be coming next year, hearing rumours at work that an -800 will be put up at EDI to offer a bit of competition to Thomson/Thomas cooks pretty poor leisure offering to Canaries/Turkey/Greece etc. I've heard that the 757 fleet will shrink from now on with the leased ones leaving leaving a solid fleet of owned 757's. This fits with AL/AM going back to Allegiant this winter.

Fleet rationalisation an modernisation is the big thing at the moment, those 757's Looked great on paper 5 years ago and most are well depreciated and very cheap to operate despite the higher maintenance costs. Obviously long term, bringing in some 10 ish year old 737-300/-800's will see the company through the next 5-10 years and in my view is a good move. Those QC 737's are operating 6-8 sectors a day and I could well see them becoming cargo only/standby aircraft in the next year or two. This also fits with an extra passenger 737 at Belfast next year, perhaps a few city routes might be announced? Hint!

The seasonality of the English summer will see some very interesting charters this winter, a couple of 757's will be stationed in a few bizzare places, I'm sure some fantastic flying and great challenges for the flight decks!!