PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2012, 04:52
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not all the same people Lester, especially looking at the systemic problems so it was a fresh set of eyes on those issues.
Agreed. Often when a relatively high level investigation is undertaken by CASA they don't use the field office that oversights the operator being investigated. It is a measure to rule out any claims of nepotism or mates rates etc. I have seen this occur on several occasions. On this occasion relating to the Norfolk ditching CASA used some individuals from field offices that did not include Bankstown or Mascot.
C'mon lads, you need to dig a little deeper to find out all the facts.

Outside the BK office, Ben Cook (now back with DILLIGAF or whatever the RAAF human factors office is called) is a very capable guy and I doubt there would have been any fear or favour colouring his audit findings.
Agreed. BC had no reason to fluff up any of his findings either, nor does he operate that way.

It would appear that the special audit that was conducted by frontline people was actually quite a good piece of work. Any failings for that report not being released, passed on to others including the public is no fault of the frontliners who conducted the audit, those decisions on who gets to see the additional reports are made higher up the decison chain, well above the inspectors and field office managers, of this I can assure you.

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 5th Sep 2012 at 04:59.