PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2012, 16:34
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Master Plan'

TSR2, you will be glad to hear that yes there are many taxis at the Parkway train station. Powerjet, I believe you are correct in relation to the new walkway from Parkway station to Kimpton Road.

With regards to the new 'master plan' it is of my view that the changes to take place are merely cosmetic. I believe that the taxiways should extend to the full length of the runway and that LLAL should impress this upon LLAOL prior to the official planning application.

The 'extra' aircraft stands concern me also, as on one hand the 'master plan' hi-lights new stands to accommodate more flights whilst on the other hand, the stands appear to be planned exclusively for the likes of Ocean Sky and other handling agents. Then they plan to position the aircraft much closer to each other which might slow down ground handling equipment?

All in all, very dissappointing from my personal point of view, with the exception being that of Air Blue who may be introducing a new service during the next few months.