PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 20:45
truth boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks to me that all agree that the crew,CASA,ATSB and pelair have a roll to play in what happened that day. Its just the % of blame that is up for discussion.

My question is what do you expect to happen to Pel Air now ?

Closed down the operation ? Persue them in the courts ?

I say this because i spent many years in pelair and know through discussions with current employees that it is a very different beast today.

Original owners Gone
Original managers Gone
original pilots Gone
Darwin ops Gone
metros Gone
Freight Gone

the way they operate has changed and this began before the incident.
REX come in and after some time gauging the operation changes started.I was around for the start of this and things looked ok. But change takes time and it will never be know if the changes/improvements in operation would have helped this be avoided.
Today they operate completely differently to the pelair many on hear claim to know. REX internal auditing system i am told is deeper than many external auditers go. Add to this the military auditing process that goes on for that part of the busines and the fact they are now and forever will be in CASAs sights. I can honestly say that parts of my existing employers operations would not stack up as well.

I guess i just have a soft spot for some parts of the operation and the people still there now that have either rode out the bad times or come on board and improved the operation. To the good guys. You know who you are. well done for improving the operation.
To the not so good. Well i guess you are another operators problem now.