PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Recruiting from Monday 3rd Sep
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 07:30
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah well at least the low hours ladies and gents (myself included) won’t be crashing the Thomson servers now.

Good luck to all those that do apply, I hope that those recently laid off by Thomson will get first refusal. I guess that this opportunity along with the Jet2 recruitment of rated F/Os might offer a lifeline to those that have paid for a 737 rating and time on type, bit of a bugger if you invested in A320 series mind but I’m sure that their time will come.

Thank-you very much Matey, Yeoman and Lumpawarrump for taking the time and effort to come on here and share your information and inside perspective.

If Thomson do recruit cadets in the future and they genuinely run a competitive recruitment scheme with modular and integrated applicants treated the same without any influence from the integrated schools recruitment departments then that is definitely something to be applauded and may well set a very significant precedent. If other operators (Easyjet, Monarch etc) instigate a similar open cadet recruitment policy there will be a huge impact on the likes of CTC, OAA/CAE, FTE etc as one of the major justifications for the extra expense of the integrated course is the opportunity to be placed on cadet courses that are not open to the modular masses. Anyone considering starting an integrated course in the future might want to consider this possibility.

I’m sure that if/ when Thomson start recruiting cadets that the integrated schools will be falling over each other to try to fast track their graduates in and it will be interesting to see if Thomson recruiters resist their efforts or whether old integrated only recruitment policies remain.