PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 05:48
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think I'm in the loop better than other CX pilots, just that I know the process of interview as I went through it, know what both contracts are worth and also know what else is out there. I did my research into it all exceptionally thoroughly as anyone should when determining their career path. (Which is unlike all too many on this thread).

As has been said, if everyone walked away from the iCadetship CX would be forced to increase the pay. Supply and demand. As it stands the AOA states that CX are desperately short of qualified applicants and is already suffering. The 777 CP has offered / asked the 777 pilots to "do deals" with rostering to keep things afloat.... The AOA attributes CX's present crewing issues directly at C-Scale.

Even if CX offered me A-Scale I would not re-apply. I'm (not much) over 30 and the dream of most pilots is to hold a (widebody) Command. Due the seniority system that I respect and where it would place me I would be lucky to achieve my goal, and if so for not too long before retirement. CX does not satisfy that career goal for me. Plus, with CX's long history of failing to honour black and white contracts I know I could not trust them with my career as they are constantly looking at ways to cut & slash pilots T's & C's. One's past behaviour is the greatest indicator of one's future behaviour.

Will the present flock of iCadets jump ship when after their 6 year bond? Most can't even if they wanted to. They will have to build ICAO recognised hours starting from where they left Adelaide as all hours under the P2X are useless outside of the CX umbrella. So, as per my previous posts they are bound to CX for at least another 2 to even 4 years after the bonded period to build hours to go somewhere else. And then what? Join the bottom of another airline's seniority list? Not to mention he's competing for jobs against other pilots the same age with double to triple the amount of ICAO recognised hours.

So you see, look long term and appreciate the big picture.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 3rd Sep 2012 at 07:27.