PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates A380 Cabin Services Assistant.... Flying Toilet Cleaner?
Old 1st Sep 2012, 11:22
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bloggs, being a nurse is not a prerequisite for the CSA job so I'm not sure how that comment is relevant? They chose to apply, knowing full well that they may be 'overqualified' on paper (just the same as many cabin crew have far superior education and/or skills than the job requires)

The pay structure reflects the range of duties performed and the fact that CSAs are not required to undertake SEP training and do not perform safety duties in the same way that the cabin crew do. They are part of the same team but perform a different role, just the same as CC compared to flight deck crew.

'Gratitude' perhaps in some cases stems from the fact that for some applicants, the salary and benefits are far more than any opportunity they could qualify for or attain in their own countries. In most cases, many of the CSAs at EK are supporting entire families and send their salary home every month. Something which many of the cabin crew admire in them. Sure they earnt their place but I think having some thankfulness for the good things in your life is not a bad thing... sometimes it's easy to forget that other people are worse off. I often realise in some small way just how blessed I am to have the job I do, even if I don't always love it!

As far as I am aware, there are a few CSA who have gone on to become cabin crew, but the company emphasise to apply for the job you want at the outset, not to be confused with some kind of fast track into cabin crew. The same way they emphasise that becoming CC is in no way a benefit to applying with them as a pilot.