PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Recruiting from Monday 3rd Sep
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2012, 12:22
Matey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGCC4284

Hi there, I believe all the people who sadly left through redundancy are being contacted, but as you know it is to apply for the post rather than be re-employed automatically. You probably know better than me how many, but a significant number are now working elsewhere, mainly in the Middle East, and will probably not want to return unless for a full time contract. My information comes only from documents produced during negotiations with the Company (which I was not personally involved with), and an email sent to us all by our regional manager yesterday. I would assume that the answers you seek will be set out on Monday, and I can only offer my understanding until then, but

1. Yes The Company will fund the type rating and then recoup through salary sacrifice.

2 Yes as far as I know salary will be paid from joining, but obviously additional payments such as Flight Duty Allowances and Flexi Working opportunities would only kick in once line training has started. I stress that this is my understanding, and folk should check the online information when it is posted on the TUI website.

3 Don't know about accommodation costs, check the website. The Company will either complete the training themselves under our TRTO, in which case it will be done near Gatwick at Boeing Flight Training in Crawley, or they may delegate to another provider probably CTC in Southampton.

The current 10 CTC cadets started the type rating in May 2012 and are all in the process of completing their line checks now. Their contract finishes at the end of October. They have all been rostered for at least 60 sectors of line training before line check, and should accumulate around 400 + hours of NG time by October. What their situation is as regards these vacancies for summer 2013 I don't know. Presumably they will be able to apply, but I don't know. I also don't know the number that the Company is seeking now either before anyone asks as this will depend on the take up of Voluntary Redundancy, Career Break etc from the existing workforce. There are 15 Commands being generated as part of the recent negotiations, so that may also generate some space for new joiners.

Last edited by Matey; 31st Aug 2012 at 12:33.