PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2012, 09:53
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Mugabe - I do not accept the premise that flexicrew is here to stay. Nor do I accept the premise that all our managers are greedy scum etc, as advocated as fact by some on here. What I do believe is that a window of opportunity exists in September to deal with the Flexicrew issue - the Company know it and are therefore refusing permanent contracts until the quid-pro-quo discussions have occurred. This is hard-nosed business at work, and frankly I do not blame them. It seems to me a sensible tactic to use your biggest lever to get what you want. Similarly BALPA have to use their best leverage to sort out the issue to their greatest advantage.

For what it is worth, I originally thought that we should have gone for the flexicrew deal at the same time as the pay deal. In retrospect, I think it was better to do it now when the issue takes centre stage - as it should. This is sortable if we have the resolve to see it through. There will be some hard horse-trading, but it is doable nonetheless.