PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2012, 07:41
Piglet_21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I'm in the process of going through this entire thread and can't seem to find an answer to a question I have. I am on the other end of the height scale, and have been through the aptitude test and in the terms of the recruit counsellor, trying to be 'sold' as a pilot due to my extensive history in aviation. I would love nothing more than this as I have been working towards it for many years but am extremely concerned I will be knocked back initially due to my height of which is approx 160cm. I am female and definitely not going to find the necessary 3cm that the website says is required, but am unsure if the standards I am looking at are for across the board ie. all services and all types of aircraft? And also for other jobs such as ACO?

If anyone has any light on this I would be extremely grateful! I want to knuckle down and get into studying and start preparing for further aptitude tests and assessments but can't get my head past that I may not physically be able to progress any further. Please help! I get measured next Monday. I know they will tell me then but I don't think I can hold out that long!