PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2012, 11:29
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 149 Likes on 30 Posts
Fair enough pretty big questions can be asked about anyone that decided to invest 100k in training during the worst recession of modern times, but thats another story....
Is it not the story - the elephant in the room? This is a scenario entirely of their own making. In the clamour to get a return on their investment, one has to ask if they gave due diligence and analysed the "what ifs". The term "horse" and "bolted" spring to mind. It was a "perfect storm" and many voiced caution and warnings on these fora. Why have the new T&C's got progressively worse - BECAUSE THEY CAN!!!!!!! BECAUSE THERE IS A SEEMINGLY NEVER ENDING SUPPLY 20 SOMETHING'S WHO ARE WILLING TO BET THE FARM TO GET THEIR HANDS ON A SIDESTICK FOR 8 MONTHS.

I stress, I think the situation is crap - but again I ask the question, what exactly do people think those on a permanent contract can do to change the situation? What realistic, LEGAL, non disciplinary inducing action can be used? I think the answer is - zip, nada, nothing. I'm not being defeatist, I'm being a realist.

I think this has been a 3 year, well engineered slam dunk by the company - that's their job!

I appreciate some of the things I've said may be unpopular or contrarian - but unfortunately that's the way I see it. It's their train set and they're going to play with it as they like and if you don't like it - we'll tough (reality check). As I mentioned previously, hopefully the employment regs/HMRC may force the issue - but I don't see anything else happening in the near term.

The guys leaving for MON etc - who can blame them - I just really hope it doesn't bite them in the ars€ in the next 24 months.........

Standing by for incoming!

A4