PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heikkis' Silhouette Challenge
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2012, 20:18
skytrain10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As most will know I have been an active player on SC for some years. During the last few months the level of activity has declined greatly, with several stalled challenges, and on 3 occassions now I withdrew challenges simply becaiuse there was no active interest.

A forum such as this depends entirely on those competing to make it work. The number of regulars has slowly reduced and I can think of only 1 active joiner of the group in the last year. Meanwhile others have left. That probably says it all.

Those who know me will understand why I took the decision to set up a Google Group competition based on the SC format but without the constraints. Suffice to say there were personal reasons why I did this as well - it was just not the decline of SC itself.

I certainly have no desire or wish to see SC fail....but ultimately it has relied on the actions of 3, maybe 4, regulars. Take 3 of those away and it does not work - which demonstrates it does not have the players to support it.

Mel, as for your question, I am not able to comment as I have effectively left SC and will soon no longer be a PP member. My personal view is that you should leave it - I for one have very much appreciated all your efforts to keep us in control, but my advice would be to see if it gets going again prior to doing any updates.

Rosevidney1, its nice to see that you have an interest but it would have been better to have seen you join in.

I have enjoyed my time on this forum, and I really hope that it can continue, perhaps with some of the existing, and some new players who can make a difference.

Best wishes to all
Ken