PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2012, 06:31
SWBKCB

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
Unfortunately I think Mr Tinkler has a lot to learn about the aviation world i.e. ´seamless´´ went out of the window years ago. Does he honestly think he is going to make money on a Carlisle-Southend route? There again he might want to use it for tax reasons heaven forbid. I also have an interest in shipping and you want to hear some of the comments made in the shipping media about Stobart. For example quote ´´the company operates the Mersey Multimodal Gateway, a major inland port at Widnes´´ Widnes - a major inland port? - you are joking! Hasn´t seen a ship for ages.
No - Stobart's think they will make money out of the road freight depot they are going to build at CAX - the rest is window dressing to get the planning permission. The area isn't zoned for industrial development so they've had to give the city council a few shiny beads. The airport development is the 'carrot' for the council, while the stick is the threat of moving the entire Stobart's operation out of Cumbria and down to Widnes. Any airline route development is a minor, peripheral consideration. Anyway, based on previous history, this process has a long way to run before the first spade turns over any earth...

And now back to SEN!