PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 3rd Aug 2012, 06:53
Andrexxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ironbutt57

...maybe I'm wrong, but I think they have a really good Training Center in Doha equipped with FFS (B777, B787, A320, A330); if the crew member is not type rated, they use Airbus Training center in France or others JAR approved spread in Europe for the whole training (OOA in LHR, Cockpit4U, etc.) : it's difficult for me to believe that they are delaying the hiring process due to the lack of simulators !!! Maybe the real problem it's TRE/TRI shortage; Anyway it should be easier to upgrade couple of Pilots to TRI or examiner (it shouldn't take so long time) in order to make training using all the FFS available in the world ; for recurrent training purposes they could also send some First Officer anywhere to get the SFI rating.... whatever, I think that put pilots in this f..!.X.K:..ng pool waiting so long could deal QR to be desperately looking for pilots in the near future : they should really care about these people... just my two cent.....