PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympic Union Flag raising - RAF out of step
Old 29th Jul 2012, 23:47
Alber Ratman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah Barnstormer, thanks for your inject about the RAF being unable to carry out basic military routines that the other services can do in their sleep.. Like the last time I ever fired a rifle on a range.. Range happened to be out at the COB Barsah and it was a zero shoot for my IW.. Just been given the order to fire a five round zero group and I've just taken the safety off and aiming to fire my first round when a rapid burst of automatic fire happens from the firing point next to me.. The Range office (RAF Regiment Sgt) shouts "STOP" and then goes to the idiot pongo next to me, who couldn't be bothered to carry out the ready drills properly, giving him a right dressing down on weapons handling and ejecting him from the range!

BTW, I was out in Basrah with the tocking Sgt... The gym did see a lot of him.. But seeing his place of work was opposite it and his working hours were quite relaxed, unlike his boys.. However he was certainly has a better image that one of the Sgt Movers that worked with us out there.. He like to smoke... and smuggle a bit more than his duty free allowance home from the sandpit.. In fact a considerable amount more that cost him his pension, job and his liberty!