PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - norvegian air shuttle jobs info
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2012, 17:00
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PicMas,

To the list that you deride so readily you can add the elected & unelected politicians from your own country, & the EEC, who allow this to happen, because their big buddies in big business want it to.

Ryanair are seldom brought to task for this, indeed they now have a "detachment" in Marseilles to replace the "base" they closed after the French insistence on social charges/contracts resulted in them closing the "base". . . see a difference ? nope, me neither. . blind French eye turned.

BK knows that similarly selective perception of his actions are guaranteed, which is why he does it, & why the Unions can't do too much. BKK base ? don't like it ? well if you make too much fuss I will move everything to an offshore AOC & take my money out of Norway. Threats to close bases has already been utilised (successfully) to bring permanent pilots to heel over certain matters, so lay off the "Contract pilots are bringing us down" bandwagon, we are not alone in reacting whilst mindful of our self interests.

This financial blackmail of Govts/Airports/Aircraft Manufacturers/Employees has already been proven to be devastatingly effective by O' Leary.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery & regretably the emphasis in DY has swung towards profit, with social "care" going down the list.
If you seriously think that me, or indeed any pilot, throwing our toys out of the pram & demanding better conditions will stop this march towards the bottom , you are deluded.
I have witnessed it 1st hand in FR, tried to resist it (Oh Yes I have believe me) & have seen no-one behind me to back me up, so Yes, whilst very appreciative of the Unions efforts, I will not sacrifice what is a competitive contract job on the altar of principles. Standing (principled) in the unemployment line will not pay the bills, & you, & all the other strident individuals on here would do the same thing if your circumstances demanded it.
Walk out (or refuse to enter) the door if you don't have (or get offered ) what you rightfully deserve, & enjoy the free time spent home contemplating how far your principals are advancing your career & the status of our profession.
Above all, be realistic in your expectations of how far you can advance a cause that many have been fighting for much longer than you have probably held a licence, & show a little humility & understanding of other individuals need to, & right to, work. We would all like better, but sometimes we have to concede there are battles we can't win & just accept the best that is available. Of course we should all stand together & try to slow the decline, but, how much any of us can achieve , either as individuals, or collectively, is severely hampered by legislation that is very company orientated leaving us fighting with one hand tied behind our back.

Levity & realism are an asset in this profession, both from a personal & professional perspective. You should contemplate developing some, lest you spend all your career bitter & angry. . . not good for you, nor indeed the ambience that you will bring to the flightdeck.