PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Anyone?
Thread: Monarch Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2012, 14:32
Desk-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch is a no brainer

Frankly I don't work for Monarch - but I'm with a leading regional airline (who also believe in giving people a full salary, uniform, employment contract etc from day one) but I wish Monarch and all their staff every success with their strategy and I hope that Monarch continue to thrive for as long as there is Jet A1 in the ground! There are too few companies like Monarch, BA,etc who believe in treating employees as people to be nurtured, supported and developed rather than as a liability to be exploited and quite honestly if people leave Easy flexycrew or Ryan etc in droves to go to Monarch I would say it's a very sane decision. From what I gather both Easy and Ryan will work you harder, pay you less, put you on a temporary contract, charge you for type rating and line training and spit you out at a moment's notice if it suits them.

If the exodus from the lo-co's were to develop into a genuine flood then I could see a time when the likes of Easy/Ryan wouldn't be able to get away with their exploitative schemes and that would be a very happy day for all of us.

I might also say that I don't loathe Easy the way I despise Ryanair, but I just don't admire their ethics with new recruits. Frankly I might have been tempted by Monarch myself but from the jet fleet in my company with high seniority, the base I want and a permanent contract that would be a difficult choice.