PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 06:56
Chugalug2

Received 219 Likes on 68 Posts
Danny, you've changed me into an aviation anorak! The moment I saw those pictures, I thought Camden! The neat rows of switches, the abundantly festooned instrument panel, even the TA-12 SW Transmitter!
It is only a matter of time before I shall be able to empty a bar in a mere matter of seconds having begun with, "Of course, the Vultee Vengeance Mk1s and Mk4s in WWII RAF service were entirely different aircraft....." Is there some cure for this affliction? An exorcism perhaps? Can all this be wiped from my mind? Or is it too late, and I am doomed for ever more to foraging for arcane facts and figures about the VV? Help me, please!
BTW, your MAFL quotation was word perfect I'm sure, for it chimed so well with half forgotten memories. Style indeed, I am greatly indebted to you M'Lud!

Nervous, well done for finding your 190 man. Please try to get him to retrace his Luftwaffe recruitment and training days here, just as his RAF counterparts have done. It was always Cliff's wish that we could get such stories as his told here, but despite great effort his quest was in vain. Time is now of the essence, as Danny has emphasised many times. If these stories are not told now then they may never be.

Over to you, Tap, the floor is yours!