PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jumpseats
Thread: Jumpseats
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2012, 01:44
er indoors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find the views expressed here somewhat distasteful. I realize I am but a lowly wife, possibly in the eyes of some posters here further down the food chain than staff checkin staff, but this thread has irritated me enough to express my opinion.

I have been lucky enough to have been afforded the use of the jumpseat on many occasions and have yet to encounter views such as those expressed here. I do not seek to comment on those who book multiple jumpseats but rather on the somewhat hypocritical attitude expressed towards your colleagues who work in other parts of the company. I do not deny that there are staff at checkin who's demeanour and attitude leaves a lot to be desired but there are many amongst your own ranks who behave with unbridled arrogance and contempt for others whom they clearly think beneath them. Particularly of late, I have found a much improved attitude when checking in at HK and I have been treated with courtesy and helpfulness behind what is required both there and in outports on many occasions.

Perhaps if some of you demonstrated a less pompous and self-important attitude towards others, you might find it reciprocated. You sneer at the line "Same team, same dream" but you seem interested in a one-way street only.