PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carlisle
Thread: Carlisle
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2012, 21:25
NutLoose

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,168 Posts
vulcanised
Interesting that, from that report, no consideration appears to have been given to pax wishing to travel into Carlisle.

Is it that unnatractive?
Yes...

Plus it has the road system and standard of maintenance thereof which would make a third world countries look good..

The main police station is still housed in a shop in the town centre after the floods several years ago..

They had a beautiful old town centre of lanes they procrastinated over rebuilding for so long it partially fell down itself, resulting in the rest getting demolished..

They built a swimming pool a couple of feet short of a competition size meaning it could never hold proper competitions..

They built a multi function leisure centre, that is smaller ( and just about useless for any major events ) than some of the outskirts areas of other Cities have..

Disaster of a bridge to the Castle

The Council has never spent money where it needs to and when they do spend it the make an utter cock up of it... They are so narrow minded they cannot see the benefits the airport would bring to the region, I always felt sorry for the past owners of the Airport, most have wanted to improve it, but working with the Council one always felt they would do better entering a one legged ass kicking competition..

Don't get me wrong, the City has some beautiful buildings, Old courts, Cathedral, Castle etc, the rest is underdeveloped and downright shoddy..

Ohh and I come from Carlisle.