PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prices - GST Inclusive or Exclusive
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2002, 10:45
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm

How does it go again,

"There are things that we know we know, there are things that we know we don't know, there are things that we don't know that we know and things that we don't know that we don't know........"

Dr Hewson on the GST??? and cakes or was it Michael Carmody on it's implementation?

Like the 10% Sales Tax that basically finished off the new aircraft sales business in OZ, it was simply a matter of finding an ATO Office that gave you the "correct" ruling.
As far as I am aware they only collected it on one (1) aircraft over the course of some years before it as repealed, and that was because Alan Bonk took his Corporate Jet to Hong Kong on a business trip.
Wait for it, wait for it, the purchase of an aircraft for business purposes was exempt of the 10% tax, unless of course you used it for travel outside of the country on business.
Whilst I was never one to applaud Mr Bonks business methods, it was just another of the lunatic Govt tax rip offs, that the GST was supposed to replace, i.e. until the lunatic Democrats got their hands on it.

BTW where are they now???