PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2012, 14:43
Northbound A1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SWKCBE, why should I have been scared. My points are valid one's.
If Peel aren't interested in aviation especially at DTV, they should hand it back to the councils for the pathetic £500k they paid for it as the promised investment never did appear. Its just lip service like the Sheffield debaucle.

If DTV's ex MD Hughy Lng hadnt given DTV away to Peel at least they might, and I say might, have someone in charge who wants airlines to use the place. The hundreds of acres of DTV land would also be still in the publics (councils) hands as well not some private firm grabbing cheap land.

Dont you find it odd that in 2006 DTV had 900,000 people walking through the doors spending money without having to pay the £6 tax, and now they only have 175,000 (2011 stats)

SWKCBT, Just to make it crystal clear for you, my points are to try and keep the airport open as I use it, and dont really fancy a drive to NCL or LBA. Peel on the other hand just want to shut it from what I can see. If their activities are exposed they might reverse what I can only see as a permanent closure in the not so distant future