PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAL Cabin Crew interview
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2002, 15:27
CheerBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Singapore, the JAL interview consists of 2 rounds.
On the first day, about 6 girls are interviewed in a group. There will be like about 5,6 interviewers. You do a self-introduction and then they ask some basic questions.

After that, you go home, wait for the letter. And then during the second day of the interview, 4 girls in a group with about 8,9 interviewers. This is more like a question-and-answer session. They ask and you answer. very simple questions like what are your hobbies, tell me about your family etc.

And then there's a table in a corner where they have all the stuff they use on board like plates, bowls, cups etc. And they will have an interviewer acting as a passenger. The pax will then say 'I'm feeling cold.' So you just pick up the blanket and walk over and hand it to her. IThe situations are very easy to handle. The pax will say," I like to have a drink", "I like to have a magazine to read." Nothing difficult.

After that, you go for a skin check where a lady will check your skin conditions.

Then you go home and wait for phone calls.

But do remember that you may not go through the exact same procedures. A girl I met told me its her 2nd time trying. And the 1st time she tried, the procedures were slightly different.

But basically as with most airlines interviews, you can expect to go through at least 1 or more of the following types of procedures: group interviews, games playing, 1-2-1 interviews.

For Singapore-based crew, the maximum number of years you can fly with JAL is 15years. And you are allowed to get married and pregnant during this time, contary to popular beliefs.

And they do teach basic japanese as part of the training.

I know..because I was a JAL crew.

Its interesting to see that JAL has got different conditions and interview procedures for different countries.