PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Takeoff
Thread: CTC Takeoff
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 11:16
ChriSat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you need to have completed the ATPL's prior to starting the Takeoff course, which entails only the flying components of the (f)ATPL (ME CPL and IR)

CTC's greatest asset is their ability to place cadets with partner airlines.

What with the recruitment situation the way it is at the moment, the more I think about it the more it makes sense; why would CTC offer this coveted service to external modular candidates? In some ways the AQC and ATP degrade the Wings course, why would you do the Wings/iCP when you can do modular for half the price and then sneak in right at the end for the bargain price of £8k to essentially get in the same holding pool.

They can make more money by putting someone through the CPL/IR on the takeoff course, and to be honest it understandable why they have closed the ATP scheme for the time being (or permanently). I imagine its looks better on the training report (and for contniuity of training) and to be fair to them, by the time the CPL/IR are complete, the cadet is a known quantity to CTC, warts and all. This probably makes it easier for the assesors to make judgement and to decide the suitability of placement etc.