PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Schreiner Reunion - Big Bear Ca
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2012, 13:02
Rich Lee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BedakSrewet-Thanks for the updates, sad as the news might be in some cases. I still owed Doc Slager a payback. At an HAI in Las Vegas one year a few of us old Schreiner pilots met up with him. I arrived late and when I walked up to him he seemed not to know me - which, considering our past was hard to reconcile. Then he made a big show of looking behind me and then said "A yes, Rich Lee, the asshole." I have a number of Jan Joore and Janos Batorfi stories. They are most certainly old school legends. Does anyone ever remember having a conversation with Janos where he communicated in only one language? Jan, well, many of his most memorable stories are not suitable for a written forum. I don't have any really great stories about Rinus Both - he always seemed to fly under the radar.

Mr. Nicholson-I am pleased you are still in possession of most of your faculties and, it would seem, extremely knowledgeable concerning the whereabouts of the more entertaining of our fellow reprobates. Real bummer about John. Would like to have met up with him again.

My schedule these days, and internet access, can best be described as random and eclectic, however if I am around on the days a reunion might take place in Big Bear, I would certainly make a serious attempt to attend. Are any possible dates been being considered? Where are you in Oz?

Regardless of our ability to meet in person, when I am next in Phoenix I will scan the HAS Daily Mail back issues and post them for the enjoyment of all. I will even include the bonus issue that got the attention of SAVAK or whatever the secret police were called when our spy radio controller reported them because he thought the articles were real.