PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transit time help
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2012, 13:38
Anansis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transferring between the main airport (KLIA) and the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) is not a straightforward process. Although they look like they are physically close, traveling between the two involves a journey around half the perimeter of the airport (no airside connections ). The is a bus connecting them but it only runs every twenty minutes or so and the journey takes twenty minutes- a bit of bad luck with the connection could result in quite a lengthy delay.

If you are determined to book this connection, your chances of making it will be boosted by using a taxi to get to the LCCT. As a British passport holder I've found that KLIA arrivals tend to be quite efficient- hopefully you should be able to get going pretty quickly after landing. Boarding pass gate times are usually quite conservative to you should have 10-15 minutes leeway with the 10.10 gate time (although obviously this cannot be guaranteed).

It's do-able but if I were you I would seriously consider finding a longer connection. There are too many variables which could go wrong.