PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay pacific SECOND OFFICER – ADVANCED ENTRY INITIAL INTERVIEW
Old 15th Jun 2012, 09:16
smurf84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think most of us here CPL/IR holders regradless of the situation needs to at least fly 10 hours in a month
10 hours a month? That seems to be a costly proposition. I'm sorry, this is just a honest question - do you live in India? Maybe you aren't aware of the alarming single-engine aircraft rates in India. Flying 7-8 hours a couple of months/weeks prior to the interview? Yes. But not 10 hours a month, my friend.

that's very unusual of CX recruitment team.
This is 2012. A rough year for all the airlines, particularly Cathay Pacific. They may have decided to cut down the number of pilots progressing to Stage 3/Stage 4.

I'm assuming Cathay would avoid recruiting pilots (who haven't flown for more than 12 months). That again, comes down to the decisions of the management pilot and HR. Come to think of it - wouldn't it be a waste of money/resources flying the candidate all the way to Adelaide (staying there for 2 weeks) and eventually fails to pass the flight grading?

Anyway, the damage has been done. This has been a significant learning curve for me. I hope I find my feet soon.

Last edited by smurf84; 15th Jun 2012 at 09:20.